You can change product code to support different fonts/input methods. We bought this phone in Indonesia, but I replaced the firmware to Thai, so it can display Thai characters. You can jailbreak to silence camera sound and to install all kind of applications.
From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_E51
- Screen: 16 m color TFT, QVGA (240x320 pixel) resolution, 2.0 in (50.8 mm)
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel
- Operating system: S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1
- CPU: ARM 11 369 MHz
- Memory: Max User Storage = 130 MB (Internal); Free Executable RAM Memory = 70 MB
- Memory card: MicroSD Memory Card swappable up to 8 GB SDHC cards.
- Networks: EGSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 850/2100
- Connectivity: USB Mass Storage via USB 2.0, miniUSB, Bluetooth 2.0, Infrared, Wifi
- Battery: Nokia BP-6MT, 3.7V, 1050 mAh
- Physical size: 115 × 47 × 12 millimeters 61 cc
- Weight: 105g (3.53oz)
- Form factor: Candybar
Changing Product Code
There are applications (but I don't know any legal ones) supports changing product code. Mine was bought in Indonesia, and doesn't support Thai character. Modifying the product code enables me to change the firmware to Thai firmware.
Copyright © 2009-2018 Yohanes Nugroho